Friday, August 8, 2008

Friends, my Family

In the midst of my own problems, it would be totally selfish of me to not say thank you to all my friends. To the ones who read, and to the ones who don't.

You are my family. You were not born of the same bloodline that I come from, but you have each stolen a piece of my heart-but you may have it forever!

In times like this-truly I do not know what I would do without each of you. I thank you all for knowing ME. For knowing what I've been through, and even for some of you that are still learning-you have never judged me, never questioned who I am TODAY, but most importantly you just love me. When I ask if I'm being crazy, selfish, stubborn-I thank you for telling me I am. And I also thank you for uplifting me at the same time. When I need honesty-I thank you all for honesty. When I need support, I thank you all for that support. And even when I don't think I need you to be there for me, you all know me enough to know when I need you and you never, ever fail to be there.
I thank you all because I have not felt alone in a long time, and that's not a feeling I ever want to go back to. I thank you all for the things you teach me from being great examples to me, and I thank you all for challenging me to be better.
They say you can not pick your family but you can pick your friends. But actually-I don't think I picked any one of you. I can see that God placed you in my life at the very moment that I needed you the most. And the moments like now-if nothing else-your words, your thoughts, your prayers are holding me up at a time that I can't even stand on my own.
If I've never said it before. I thank you.
Many people say that one of their goals in life is to change the life of another person. If for any of you-this is or was your goal. It has been achieved.
Thank you for knowing ME.
Thank you for loving me.
Thank you for your friendship.

2 comments:

lostseoul said...

I can thank you for even more. For everything that you know I am going through right now, you've been more than a friend to me even though we don't have the opportunity to talk as much as we used to. So thanks to you as well, a beautiful and incredible young woman and friend. Love you!

DeLano J Sheffield I said...

There is something profound about the enduring motivations of friendship. We stated. Keep writing :)